Eynesbury Rovers 0-3 Newport Pagnell
United Counties League, Premier Division
Tuesday 13th October 2015
Alfred Hall Memorial Ground, Eynesbury
5. ER – Shane Fox heads the ball on for Lee Bassett to chase but the ball is cleared by John Thorpe.
14. NP – Josh Crawley’s speculative attempt on goal from distance is wide of the target.
16. NP – Josh Crawley is released down the left flank by Keith Williams, he cuts inside and watches on in agony as his shot squirms under the body of Eynesbury keeper Lea Jordan before being cleared off the line by Macaulay Clark.
21. ER – Nathan Field strikes a direct free kick high over the crossbar.
23. NP – Darryl Smith controls the ball with his chest and shoots on the turn, the shot is deflected behind by Joe Bradbury.
24. NP – GOAL 0-1. Sam O’Neill’s corner evades everybody and is thundered into the net at the far post by Keith Williams.
29. NP – Great work by Fazel Koriya in the middle of the park allows Darryl Smith the space to shoot.
32. ER – Tom Coles lobs the ball towards goal but keeper Mark Osborn safely watches the ball clear the bar.
34. NP – Greg Ling’s hard driven shot from the edge of the area is only inches over.
38. NP – Good work from Greg Ling to rob Matt Bannister of the ball before passing to Sam O’Neill who shoots across the face of the goal and wide of the target.
43. NP – Darren Woodend just gets his head to Sam O’Neill’s shot to clear the ball just over the bar.
44. NP – Greg Ling’s pin point pass finds John Thorpe on the edge of the six yard box, Lea Jordan produces a magnificent save to tip the ball onto the crossbar.
45+1. ER – Tom Coles delivers the ball to Lee Bassett, however, he cannot get enough power from his header to trouble Mark Osborn.
53. ER – Lee Bassett passes to Matt Bannister who shoots over.
54. NP – Josh Crawley’s shot is blocked by Darren Woodend.
59. ER – Lee Bassett collects the ball on the right before running on and shooting across goal forcing a save from Mark Osborn.
62. NP – Lea Jordan saves with his legs from Josh Crawley.
64. NP – Josh Crawley’s cross is missed by both Chris Stericki and Rob Ducket before Lea Jordan once again saves with his legs, this time from Sam O’Neill.
65. NP Darryl Smith passes to Fazel Koriya who shoots wide.
67. NP – Rob Ducket slices a clearance from Darryl Smith’s goal attempt, Lea Jordan gratefully catches the wayward ball.
69. ER – Great defending by Stuart Smeathers forces Matt Bannister to shoot from a narrow angle, the striker comes close to scoring an equaliser but only manages to find the side netting.
73. NP – Fazel Koriya passes to Darryl Smith on the right hand edge of the area, he shoots inches past the post.
75. NP – Darryl Smith turns provider for Sam O’Neill who turns and shoots, Lea Jordan makes the save.
76. NP – GOAL 0-2. Scott Mulken crosses and Macaulay Clark scoops his clearance high into the night sky, Lea Jordan’s punch falls straight to a Newport player who provides the perfect cross for Darryl Smith to head past the Eynesbury keeper to double the Swan’s lead.
82. ER – Tom Coles strikes a free kick straight into the arms of the waiting Mark Osborn.
87. ER – Lee Bassett releases Rhys Thorpe who, under pressure from Adam Pryke, fails to make the most of the opportunity as Mark Osborn saves easily.
89. NP – GOAL 0-3. Good interchange play between Lukasz Filipiak and Rob MacDonald leads to a free kick. What follows is an absolutely stunning goal from Fazel Koriya, his beautifully struck thirty yard free kick gives Lea Jordan no chance.
This was a difficult evening for the Eynesbury team as most of their players arrived at the Alfred Hall Memorial Ground to hear the news that manager Martin Field had resigned his post only a couple of hours prior to kick off. However, familiar faces in coach Paul Reynolds and Under 21 boss Mark Inskip took charge for the match.
On the pitch Rovers proved to be hard working and difficult to break down. In a half of few quality goal chances Eynesbury played some good football but lacked the final thrust to reward their build up play. At the other end Newport carved out numerous half chances but their run of bad luck in front of goal continued. If they keep performing to the high standards demanded by manager Darren Lynch during the coming weeks their luck will surely change and with the amount of chances they create they will win by a heavy margin soon.
After the interval Rovers changed tactics and became more direct, at first the Swan’s struggled to adapt and on far too many occasions gave the ball away with rushed attacking play only to see it pumped back toward their own goal. Slowly but steadily they regained their composure and control and eventually, with fourteen minutes left to play, they managed to get their second goal to take the sting out of Rover’s spirited play. Eynesbury were already beaten when Fazel Koriya scored one of the goals of the season, his sublime strike ensured the Swan’s completed their first double of the season.
0-1 Keith Williams (24 mins)
0-2 Darryl Smith (76 mins)
0-3 Fazel Koriya (89 mins)
Darren Woodend (88 mins)
Chris Stericki (90+1 mins)
Newport Pagnell Town:
Liam Smyth (63 mins)
Greg Ling (68 mins)
Scott Mulkern (70 mins)
1. Lea Jordan
2. Chris Stericki
3. Macaulay Clark (14. James Duckett, 82 mins)
4. Rob Ducket
5. Darren Woodend
6. Joe Bradbury (12. Rhys Thorpe, 72 mins)
7. Tom Coles (c)
8. Matt Bannister
9. Shane Fox
10. Lee Bassett
11. Nathan Field (16. Ryan Inskip, 61 mins)
15. Ben Colmer
17. Steve Smith
Newport Pagnell Town:
1. Mark Osborn
2. Scott Mulkern
3. Keith Williams
4. John Thorpe (c) (12. Stuart Smeathers, 58 mins)
5. Adam Pryke
6. Liam Smyth
7. Darryl Smith
8. Greg Ling
9. Josh Crawley (15. Lukasz Filipiak, 84 mins)
10. Fazel Koriya
11. Sam O’Neill (14. Rob MacDonald, 84 mins)
16. Josh McAdoo
– Joseph Karram
– Paul Dobbs
– Oliver Potter
Player profile photos courtesy of Kelly Parsons.
Photo of Jaycee May O’Connor courtesy of Rebecca Hall.
Other photos taken by Andy Gunn.
This season Newport Pagnell Town FC, Swan Confidential matchday programme and The View From The Shed are proud to support 4 year old Jaycee May O’Conner, a local girl who has Rett Syndrome.
The rare condition, that predominantly affects girls, stunts development of the brain and leads to rapid regression and a loss of skills such as crawling or sitting.
This means that Jaycee May is unable to talk and she also has regular seizures.
Her family are trying to raise funds to buy life changing Tobii Eyegaze technology, the equipment that will finally give Jaycee May a voice and enable her to communicate with others, something that we all take for granted.
For more information on Rett Syndrome and how you can help improve Jaycee May’s quality of life please follow the links below:
© Andy Gunn