Newport Pagnell 4-3 Boston Town
United Counties League, Premier Division
Saturday 31st October 2015
Willen Road, Newport Pagnell
2. NP – James Doughty easily saves Dom Lawless’ shot.
8. BT – Jordan Nuttell’s shot goes high over the bar.
11. BT – GOAL 0-1. Alex Beck crosses from the right for Jordan Nuttell to open the scoring for the Poachers.
14. NP – Rob MacDonald passes to Sam O’Neill, James Doughty slides out to clear the danger.
16. NP – Greg Ling heads wide from a Sam O’Neill corner.
17. NP – Adam Pryke nearly equalises as his shot across the goal is narrowly wide.
19. BT – John Thorpe slips to give Jordan Nuttell the space to shoot but he fails to capitalise and shoots wide.
20. BT – GOAL 0-2. Aaron Evett makes a good run down the left flank before firing in the second Boston goal.
21. NP – A lovely cross from Fazel Koriya finds Sam O’Neill who crashes the ball against the crossbar with his header.
26. BT – Jordan Nuttell’s speculative shot from thirty yards is well wide of the mark.
28. NP – A lovely interchange of passes between Greg Ling and Sam O’Neill sees Rob MacDonald denied by Lawrence Lambley’s back pass that is picked up by James Doughty, the referee waves play on.
29. NP – Adam Pryke sets up Fazel Koriya who is tackled by keeper James Doughty.
32. NP – Greg Ling slices open the Boston defence, Dom Lawless shoots wide when he was clear through.
39. BT – GOAL 0-3. Alex Beck is allowed far too much space as he coolly slots home to give the Poachers a commanding lead.
41. NP – This time it is Josh Crawley’s turn to shoot wide when clear through.
42. NP – GOAL 1-3. Rob MacDonald clips a pass to Greg Ling who glances a header to score.
44. NP – Dom Lawless shoots wide.
45+1. BT – Alex Beck shoots wide.
Half Time: 1-3
53. BT – Adam Pryke blocks a Jordan Nuttell shot.
61. NP – A beautifully taken free kick by Fazel Koriya is brilliantly saved by James Doughty at full stretch.
62. NP – Rob MacDonald heads just over from a corner.
63. NP – GOAL 2-3. Rob MacDonald lays the ball off for Josh Crawley who slams the ball home.
65. NP – GOAL 3-3. The Swan’s equalise with a stunning thirty yard shot from Brodo Lobo Brito that gives James Doughty no chance.
68. BT – Alex Beck breaks away on the right but shoots into the side netting.
69. NP – Brodo Lobo Brito tries another shot from distance, this time the ball is deflected behind for a corner off Michael Wood.
70. NP – Josh Crawley combines with Dom Lawless who hits the post with a sharp shot.
74. NP – Greg Ling shoots high from outside the penalty area.
75. NP – Fazel Koriya is through on goal but is denied by a great clearing tackle from Craig Parker.
78. NP – GOAL 4-3. Great work by Scott Mulkern before releasing the ball to Fazel Koriya who shows great skill and control to twist and turn before scoring a wonder goal.
84. BT – Aaron Evett shoots high and wide.
88. BT – Lorland Borbley shoots well wide.
Full Time: 4-3
The Poachers gave a determined display in the first period and worked themselves into a healthy half time lead with three well taken goals. Newport were lack lustre, however, they still created chances of their own but were indecisive in front of goal. Greg Ling’s goal late in the half looked as if it would be little more than a consolation as Boston took a strangle hold on the game.
The Swan’s showed massive amounts of character to bounce back in the second half with a display that Boston struggled to complete with. The confidence shown in front of goal after the break was a different class with Newport scoring three excellent goals to complete their comeback. This was Boston’s fifth straight league defeat, leaving them without a win in their last eight UCL matches. After the game a relieved Newport manager Darren Lynch said, “We make it hard for ourselves but showed great spirit to get the win from 3-0 down! Sometimes it’s all about the result!”.
0-1 Jordan Nuttell (11 mins)
0-2 Aaron Every (20 mins)
0-3 Alex Beck (39 mins)
1-3 Greg Ling (42 mins)
2-3 Josh Crawley (63 mins)
3-3 Brodo Lobo Brito (65 mins)
4-3 Fazel Koriya (78 mins)
Newport Pagnell Town:
Stuart Smeathers (77 mins)
Brodo Lobo Brito (87 mins)
Craig Parker (90+2 mins)
Newport Pagnell Town:
1. Mark Osborn
2. Adam Pryke
3. Keith Williams (14. Scott Mulkern, 60 mins)
4. John Thorpe (c)
5. Stuart Smeathers
6. Liam Smyth (16. Brodo Lobo Brito, 55 mins)
7. Rob MacDonald
8. Greg Ling
9. Dom Lawless
10. Fazel Koriya
11. Sam O’Neill (12. Josh Crawley, 36 mins)
15. Lewis Smith
17. Josh McAdoo
1. James Doughty
2. Lawrence Lambley
3. Craig Parker
4. Terry Fleming (12. Joe Moore-Papworth, 63 mins)
5. Michael Wood (c)
6. Simon Ashton
7. Aaron Evett
8. Richard Ford
9. Alex Beck
10. Jordan Nuttell
13. Lorland Borbley
14. Mark Angel
Referee – Douglas Lawson
Assistants – Richard Stephen, Nathan Joshi
Artwork courtesy of Bravo Sierra Designs.
Player profile photos courtesy of Kelly Parsons.
Photo of Jaycee May O’Connor courtesy of Rebecca Hall.
This season Newport Pagnell Town FC, Swan Confidential matchday programme and The View From The Shed are proud to support 4 year old Jaycee May O’Connor, a local girl who has Rett Syndrome.
The rare condition, that predominantly affects girls, stunts development of the brain and leads to rapid regression and a loss of skills such as crawling or sitting.
This means that Jaycee May is unable to talk and she also has regular seizures.
Her family are trying to raise funds to buy life changing Tobii Eyegaze technology, the equipment that will finally give Jaycee May a voice and enable her to communicate with others, something that we all take for granted.
For more information on Rett Syndrome and how you can help improve Jaycee May’s quality of life please follow the links below:
© Andy Gunn