Harborough Town 0-1 Newport Pagnell Town
United Counties League, Premier Division
Saturday 19th December 2015
Bowden’s Park, Market Harborough
Minute By Minute
10. HT – Barnes Gladman twists and turns before seeing his shot deflected wide by Stuart Smeathers.
11. HT – Jordan Crawford crosses for Barnes Gladman who cannot get enough power in his header to beat Mark Osborn.
18. HT – Ben Williams gets onto the end of a Callum Milne free kick, Mark Osborn saves his shot.
26. NP – Liam Smyth tries his arm from thirty five yards but is well wide of the target.
28. HT – A great run from Barnes Gladman is only halted by excellent tackles from first Adam Pryke and then Rob Tapp.
41. HT – Dino Taksar is put clear through but he losses his footing and cannot capitalise on the opportunity.
45+0.5 Half Time 0-0
46. NP – Keith Williams has a long range shot that moves wickedly in the wind, Glen Giles does well to save with his legs.
56. NP – Darryl Smith’s twenty five yard free kick is caught by Glen Giles.
59. NP – Sam O’Neill heads over from a Darryl Smith corner.
71. NP – Josh Crawley back held the ball into the path of Rob Tapp who shoots over the bar.
75. NP – Glen Giles saves a thirty yard strike from Darryl Smith.
83. NP – Glen Giles almost punches a Sam O’Neill corner into his own net but the ball squirms behind for another corner.
87. NP – GOAL 0-1. Greg Ling provides the perfect free kick to set up Sam O’Neill’s stunning strike for the opening goal.
89. NP – The Swans almost double their lead when Paul Edgeworth cuts the ball back for Josh Crawley who thunders the ball onto the underside of the crossbar, the ball bounces down but the referee and his assistant are unmoved and judge that the ball had not crossed the line.
90+4. NP – Glen Giles saves a Paul Edgeworth shot.
90+4.5 Half Time 0-1
The Swan’s started slowly in windy conditions on a heavy pitch and were delighted to come away with all three points. They were too flat with not enough movement, in contrast, Harborough were quick to close their opponents down and were hard working and full of running. With the wind at their backs the Bees dominated possession in the first period and had numerous corners but failed to capitalise. The second half was a different story, the Bees struggled to get a foothold as a revitalised Newport moved the ball around more quickly and upped their work rate. However, chances were few and far between and a scoreless draw looked the most likely outcome. The game was won by a tremendous Sam O’Neill strike from a tight angle. The Swan’s came close to a second through Josh Crawley, although to be fair, in a game that will not live long in the memory, a two goal margin would have been unjust.
HT : 0-0
0-1 Sam O’Neill (87 mins)
Jordan Crawford (86 mins)
Newport Pagnell Town
Darryl Smith (78 mins)
Keith Williams (90+3 mins)
1. Glen Giles
2. Callum Milne
3. Callum Traynor
4. Joe Baldwin
5. Ben Williams (c)
6. Ryan Watkin
7. Harry May (14. Callum MacNicol, 65 mins)
8. Alex MacMillan
9. Barnes Gladman
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Dino Tuksar
12. Joel Konteh
15. Jack Nolan
16. Lucas Blackwell
Newport Pagnell Town
1. Mark Osborn
2. Rob Tapp (12. Paul Edgeworth, 73 mins)
3. Keith Williams (c)
4. Adam Pryke
5. Stuart Smeathers
6. Liam Smyth
7. Darryl Smith
8. Greg Ling
9. Dom Lawless
10. Fazel Koriya (15. Josh Crawley, 65 mins)
11. Sam O’Neill (16. Rob MacDonald, 88 mins)
14. Scott Mulkern
17. Joe Pursell
– Daniel Johnston
– Ryan Allison
– Paul Dobbs
Harborough Town FC
Half a mile south of Market Harborough on the A508. 4 miles north of A14 Junction 2 towards Market Harborough turn left towards Leisure Centre, keep left passed inflatable dome on the right. Proceed through large car park, the club house and parking area is straight in front.