Newport Pagnell Town 1-2 Harborough Town
United Counties League, Premier Division
Saturday 16th January 2016
Kick off 15:00
Willen Road, Newport Pagnell
Minute By Minute
11. NP – Glen Giles gets to the ball just before Dom Lawless following a Sam O’Neill free kick.
18. HT – Jack Burrows rises to head a Jordan Crawford corner narrowly over the bar.
22. HT – Barnes Gladman scuffs a shot wide from the edge of the area.
24. HT – A good run down the left from Barnes Gladman allows him the space to cross for Danny Wright who shoots wide from five yards out.
31. NP – Josh Crawley sends Dom Lawless through but his shot does not trouble Glen Giles.
38. NP – A Dom Lawless header from a Keith Williams free kick forces Glen Giles to pull off an excellent save.
41. NP – Rob MacDonald arrows a shot through a crowded penalty area, Ryan Watkin takes control to clear the danger.
45+1 Half Time: 0-0
51. NP – A neat passing move between Keith Williams, Sam O’Neill and Josh Crawley sees the post come to the Bee’s rescue as Crawley’s shot beats Glen Giles.
62. HT – A brilliantly timed tackle by John Thorpe denies Barnes Gladman.
67. NP – Keith Williams hits a free kick over the crossbar.
77. HT – GOAL 0-1. Jordan Crawford has a shot that is caught by Mark Osborn. However, Newport fail to hold possession from the clearance and the ball is quickly moved out to Crawford who makes no mistake with a clinical strike to open the scoring.
80. HT – Mark Osborn saves a Barnes Gladman shot.
85. NP – PENALTY & GOAL 1-1. The referee awards a free kick for handball just outside the penalty area, however, the linesman instantly signals a penalty kick, the referee takes an absolute age to consult his assistant and eventually upgrades the free kick to a penalty. Dom Lawless thumps the ball home to level the scores.
86. HT – GOAL 1-2. Newport switch off following their goal and Jack Burrows takes full advantage to restore the Bee’s lead.
89. NP – Keith Williams heads a Sam O’Neill corner inches over.
90+5. NP – Great work from Stuart Smeathers before Adam Pryke prods the ball through for Greg Ling who’s shot agonisingly brushes the base of the post.
90+8. NP – Sam O’Neill provides a pin point cross for Greg Ling who heads over the crossbar.
90+9 Full Time: 1-2
Harborough Town got revenge for the narrow defeat they suffered at the hands of the Swans in the reverse fixture. The first league match between the Bees and Swans was not a memorable affair and history appeared to repeat itself in another disappointingly lack lustre game. Just as they did in the December fixture between the two sides, Harborough were quick to close their opponents down and were hard working and full of running. In the first half chances were few and far between and it was impossible to split the sides.
The second half did not serve up much better fare. Harborough pounced with two well taken goals either side of a disputed penalty. Earlier in the second period Bee’s defender Michael Duroe suffered a nasty injury from an innocuous challenge and had to be stretchered off the pitch to a waiting ambulance. The injury took the gloss off Harborough’s victory and everyone at Newport Pagnell Town would like to wish Michael a speedy recovery.
Half Time: 0-0
0-1 Jordan Crawford (77 mins)
1-1 Dom Lawless (85 mins, penalty)
1-2 Jack Burrows (86 mins)
Full Time: 1-2
Danny Wright (65 mins)
Harry May (83 mins)
Newport Pagnell Town
1. Mark Osborn
2. Adam Pryke
3. Keith Williams
4. John Thorpe (c)
5. Stuart Smeathers
6. Liam Smyth
7. Rob MacDonald
8. Greg Ling
9. Josh Crawley
10. Dom Lawless
11. Sam O’Neill
12. Lewis Smith
14. Scott Mulkern
15. Joe Pursell
1. Glen Giles
2. Callum Milne
3. Michael Duroe (12. Callum MacNicol, 57 mins)
4. Alex McMillan
5. Ben Williams (c)
6. Ryan Watkin
7. Harry May
8. Jack Burrows
9. Danny Wright
10. Barnes Gladman
11. Jordan Crawford
14. Joel Konteh
15. Joe Baldwin
16. Lukas Blackwell
17. Sam Ashton
– David Jarrett
– Darrell Horner
– Martyn Allen
Newport Pagnell welcome Harborough Town on Saturday. The men from Bowden’s Park have had mixed fortunes this season and come to Willen Road having lost five out of their last six league matches, including a home defeat at the hands of the Swans.
Darren Lynch’s men have been serious title challengers this season and will be keen to return to winning ways after a disappointing result in their last outing at Yaxley’s In2itive Park.
The Swan’s will be looking to complete a league double over Harborough, as they did last season, although it will be a much tougher task this time round as the Bees have shown improvement since their second from bottom 20th place finish in 2014/15.
Where they stand in the League
Newport Pagnell Town = 3rd
Pld26 W15 D4 L7 F53 A36 GD+17 Pts49
Harborough Town = 16th
Pld25 W9 D3 L13 F29 A41 GD-12 Pts30
Newport Pagnell Town last six results:
L – 9 Jan. Yaxley 2-0 NP
W – 28 Dec. Cogenhoe United 1-4 NP
D – 26 Dec. NP 1-1 AFC Kempston Rovers
W – 19 Dec. Harborough Town 0-1 NP
W – 12 Dec. NP 2-1 Oadby Town
L – 5 Dec. Deeping Rangers 1-0 NP
Harborough Town last six results:
L – 2 Jan. Boston Town 1-0 HT
L – 28 Dec. Kirby Muxloe 2-1 HT
L – 19 Dec. HT 0-1 Newport Pagnell Town
W – 12 Dec. Wellingborough Town 0-3 HT
L – 5 Dec. HT 0-3 Eynesbury Rovers
L – 28 Nov. Holbeach United 5-0 HT
We’ve met before
19 Dec 2015 Bowden’s Park
Harborough Town 0-1 Newport Pagnell Town
Match Report: http://wp.me/p6BkVY-5F
29 Nov 2014 Bowden’s Park
Harborough Town 0-4 Newport Pagnell Town
A brace from both Dom Lawless and Jared Cunniff gave the Swans a comprehensive away victory.
Front man Jordan Crawford made his Bee’s debut.
25 Oct 2014 Willen Road
Newport Pagnell Town 2-0 Harborough Town
Two second half goals from a Josh Crawley penalty and a Tariq Kotey strike gave the Swans the points at Willen Road.
Matchday Information & Directions
Children Under 6 FREE
Swans Confidential Matchday Programme £1
How to find us:
From the A422 Newport Pagnell by pass turn into Marsh End Road, then first right into Willen Road.
Newport Pagnell Town FC
If you cannot make it to the game you can follow the action on Twitter via @nptfc
Match Report will appear at:
Alternatively follow the link on Twitter via @SwanMatchReport
Artwork courtesy of Bravo Sierra Designs.
Photographs by Andy Gunn.
© Andy Gunn