Kirby Muxloe 0-2 Newport Pagnell Town
United Counties League, Premier Division
Saturday 2nd April 2016
Kick off 15:00
Ratby Lane, Kirby Muxloe
3. NP – Keith Williams shoots wide from distance.
19. NP – Sam O’Neill sends an excellent diagonal cross to Darryl Smith whose shot is blocked for a corner.
29. KM – Some great work by Dan Sheahan to find Liam Prescott whose shot is blocked by Adam Pryke.
30. NP – Dom Lawless shoots straight at keeper Warren Butlin from a tight angle.
33. NP – Dan Agar deflects Dom Lawless’ shot behind for a corner.
34. NP – Fazel Koriya slips the ball to Dom Lawless who controls the ball well but cannot keep his shot down.
40. KM – Dan Sheahan shoots wide from thirty yards.
45+1. KM – Dan Sheahan shoots on the turn but fails to test Mark Osborn.
45+1.5 Half Time: 0-0
46. NP – Greg Ling strikes just wide from twenty five yards.
48. NP – Warren Butlin saves Darryl Smith’s miss hit shot.
55. NP – Paul Edgeworth’s free kick finds Dom Lawless whose shot is blocked.
61. NP – Dom Lawless shoots wide.
63. NP – A beautiful flowing move involving Adam Pryke, Darryl Smith and Dom Lawless quickly takes the ball from defence to attack and sees Dan Agar deflect Lawless’s shot behind to safety.
65. KM – Stuart Smeathers volleys Sam O’Neill’s corner wide.
67. NP – Dom Lawless’ shot comes off Dan Agar and goes straight to Warren Butlin.
69. NP – GOAL 0-1. Great work by Sam O’Neill creates the space for him to shoot, the defence fail to clear as Fazel Koriya pounces to slot home the opening goal of the game.
84. KM – Pradeep Bahrey and Aaron Love combine well before releasing the ball for Dan Sheehan who is denied by Mark Osborn who is quick to react, saving at the feet of the striker.
89. NP – Darryl Smith heads on Mark Osborn’s goal kick finding Dom Lawless who shoots high.
90+1. NP – GOAL 0-2. A perfectly weighted ball from Dom Lawless puts Greg Ling through, Ling runs on before calmly chipping the ball over the advancing keeper.
90+3. KM – Aaron Love’s shot from distance is easily collected by Mark Osborn.
90+3.5 Full Time: 0-2
The Swan’s have been on fire in recent weeks having won ten of their last twelve games. Make no mistake, easy games are extremely rare in this season’s UCL Premier and Kirby Muxloe are an excellent footballing side who were beaten by the league’s form side. In an excellent game of football, that was played on a perfect spring afternoon, Newport played some beautiful flowing football with good all round movement, crisp passing and fluid attacking moves. However, despite their dominance, the Swan’s had to be patient as Chris Shaw and Dan Agar fought valiantly to deny them time and time again. The breakthrough eventually came and Newport’s lead never looked in danger as they continued to play confident, assured football on their first visit to Ratby Lane.
Half Time: 0-0
0-1 Fazel Koriya (69 mins)
0-2 Greg Ling (90+1 mins)
Full Time: 0-2
Wade Ball (86 mins)
Newport Pagnell Town
Greg Ling (71 mins)
1. Warren Butlin (c)
2. David Wesseldine
3. Jon Tature
4. Luis Cabrol
5. Chris Shaw
6. Dan Agar
7. Wade Ball
8. Liam Pescott (15. Ryan Seal, 68 mins)
9. Aaron Love
10. Dan Sheahan
11. Pradeep Bahrey
13. Tyler Love
14. Luke West
16. Linford Harris
Newport Pagnell Town
1. Mark Osborn
2. Scott Mulkern
3. Keith Williams (c)
4. Adam Pryke
5. Stuart Smeathers
6. Paul Edgeworth (12. Liam Smyth, 68 mins)
7. Daryl Smith
8. Greg Ling
9. Dom Lawless
10. Fazel Koriya (16. George Shrieves, 74 mins)
11. Sam O’Neill (15. Rob Tapp, 87 mins)
14. John Thorpe
17. Joe Pursell
– Mark Wetherall
– Andy Collin
– Scott Hanna
Photographs by Andy Gunn.
© Andy Gunn