Newport Pagnell Town 2-2 Harborough Town

Newport Pagnell Town 2-2 Harborough Town
Chroma Sports & Trophies United Counties League, Premier Division
Tuesday 14th February 2017
Kick off 20:00
Willen Road, Newport Pagnell
Attendance: 58

Swans & Bees Can’t Be Separated

Once again injury decimated the Newport line up as four or five regulars were missing, those who did play had their work cut out against a hardworking, well organised Harborough team. The Bees took the lead on seventeen minutes when captain Ben Williams drilled the ball hard and low into the back of the net from Jack Sutherland’s corner. Newport came close to replying on the half hour mark when Elliott Sandy glanced Remy Forrester’s free kick straight to keeper Glen Giles. A few minutes later Bee’s frontman Barnes Gladman found himself in the clear as he forced a great reaction save from Mark Osborn. The action was now end to end and the Swan’s equaliser came from a set piece, Dave Baker was on the end of Forrester’s corner, powering his header into the roof of the net. However, Harborough managed to get their noses in front just before the break when the ball was flicked on to Gladman who took one touch before striking past the outstretched arm of keeper Osborn to score.

Dave Baker 1.jpg

The Swans came out strongly and dominated the opening exchanges of the second half, Giles denying Sandy with a superb double save. The hosts were attacking in waves and a minute later found themselves level when Ollie Wilkinson released Dom Lawless who was initially denied by Giles, Lawless made no mistake with his second attempt as he smashed the loose ball across the face of the goal to restore parity for a second time. Following the goal the game became disjointed and a little fractious as both sides probed for a winner. With fifteen minutes left Gladman had a golden opportunity to settle the match, one on one with the keeper his shot was wide of the mark. Into the final ten minutes and Giles was once again on hand to deny the Swans with another brilliant double save, this time denying Kelvin Osei-Addo.


Newport Pagnell Town
1. Mark Osborn
2. Ollie Wilkinson
[Yellow, 76 mins]
3. Remy Forrester
4. Dave Baker
[Goal, 37 mins]
[Yellow, 65 mins]
5. Adam Pryke (c)
6. Liam Smyth
[Subbed, 22 mins]
7. Gary Brook
8. Paul Edgeworth
9. Elliott Sandy
[Subbed, 69 mins]
10. Dom Lawless
[Goal, 52 mins]
[Subbed, 69 mins]
11. Sam O’Neill
12. Junior Muya
[Not Used]
14. Kelvin Osei-Addo
[On for 9, 69 mins]
15. Scott Mulkern
[On for 6, 22 mins]
16. Luke Emery
[On for 10, 69 mins]
17. Keith Williams
[Not Used]

Harborough Town
1. Glen Giles
2. Callum Milne
[Yellow, 19 mins]
3. Callum Traynor
4. Jack Sutherland
[Yellow, 83 mins]
5. Ben Williams (c)
[Goal, 17 mins]
[Yellow, 61 mins]
6. Harvey Morgan
[Subbed, 83 mins]
7. Greg Usher
8. Jack Burrows
[Yellow, 41 mins]
9. Barnes Gladman
[Goal, 44 mins]
10. Billy Shepherd
[Yellow, 83 mins]
11. Dino Tuskar
[Subbed, 29 mins]
12. Luks Blackwell
[Not Used]
14. George Bott
[Not Used]
15. Joel Konteh
[On for 11, 29 mins]
17. Costin Tanga-Gibson
[On for 6, 83 mins]

Match Officials

– Paul Mihalache

– Liam Jackson
– Russell Tunney


Artwork courtesy of Ben Sharpe.
Photograph courtesy of Tony Webster.
Report by Andy Gunn 1617/54.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s